Civilian Office on Police Accountability to replace IPRA
COPA, the new agency that will take the place of the soon-to-be-abolished IPRA, will not have the authority to hire its own independent counsel.By Fran Spielman
More Top Stories
Rahm: Suspects in Wade family slaying should not have been free
Two paroled brothers charged with killing Nykea Aldridge are another argument to get tough on repeat gun offenders, Mayor Rahm Emanuel said Monday.
Cook County to issue 10,000th same-sex marriage license
Cook County Clerk David Orr expects to hit the marriage license milestone sometime this week.
Young mother angry over Rauner veto of child care bill
Tenai Woods was notified in July that she makes too much money to continue receiving state child care assistance. She exceeded the threshold by $34.
Emanuel orders crackdown on food truck violators
There’s nothing wrong with Chicago’s 4-year-old food truck ordinance that can’t be remedied by strict enforcement, Mayor Rahm Emanuel said Monday.
- THE WATCHDOGS: Park district hired clout contractor CPS fired
- Food trucks breaking the rules — a Sun-Times/ABC7 special report
- WATCHDOGS: Blacks bear brunt of marijuana enforcement in Chicago
- 2 Chicago cops should be fired over video beating, court rules
- WATCHDOGS: Violent crime in city up virtually across the board
- Obama guidance, press schedule Aug. 30, 2016. HHS Sec. Burwell
- Brown: Rhymefest eager to discuss 'whole other problem' with Rahm
- Mitchell: Quick arrest in Nykea Aldridge murder took cooperation
- Steinberg: Zoo's eldest resident, Cookie the cockatoo, dead at 83
- John Krasinski felt acting in 'The Hollars' made directing easier