Telander: At Orr, basketball — and the bleeding of a U.S. city
Chicago Sun-Times sports columnist Rick Telander chronicles how the Orr High School basketball team coped with violence in the 2016-17 season.By Rick Telander
More Top Stories
Monday breaks record-high temperatures for fourth day in a row
Chicago’s streak of unseasonable warm weather broke record-high temperatures for the fourth consecutive day Monday.
Kapos: David Ross on White House visits and his Bran new thing
So much for retiring. Former Cubs catcher David Ross keeps adding jobs, most recently a marketing deal with Kellogg’s.
Emanuel’s share-the-wealth fund generates $4 million so far
Starting Feb. 27 and continuing until late April, applications will be accepted for grants covering up to 65 percent of total costs.
Hispanic CPS schools’ budgets cut twice the rate of white ones
How CPS CEO Forrest Claypool decided to cut school budgets has hurt majority Hispanic schools at twice the rate of schools serving mostly white kids.
- New citizens urged to get involved to help undocumented
- Hundreds drawn to second straight day of anti-Trump Loop protests
- Trump taps military strategist as national security adviser
- Emanuel's share-the-wealth fund generates $4 million so far
- After mulling Illinois governor run, Bustos to stay in Congress
- THE WATCHDOGS: Chicago cops playing catch-up on gunfire sensors
- WATCHDOGS: 71 percent of Chicago cops' street stops are of blacks
- In Immigration Court, few criminals, far more minor offenders
- THE WATCHDOGS: How much do minorities get from film tax credits?
- THE WATCHDOGS: The most violent police beat in Chicago