CPD: Fire cops for lying in McDonald shooting, not checking audio
Not only are the officers accused of lying about the 2014 shooting, most of them also are found at fault for failing to make sure the audio worked.By Frank Main and Fran Spielman
More Top Stories
Threats loom over gang trial; U.S. marshals want Hobos shackled
The feds have tied the gang to at least nine murders and other acts of violence, including the torture of two South Side brothers with an iron.
Former Gov. Quinn proposes his own redistricting plan
Former Gov. Pat Quinn unveiled his own plan for redistricting — just days after the Illinois Supreme Court rejected a voter referendum-driven change.
Kapos: Bill Jacobs on the peace at Piece
The founder of Piece Brewery & Pizzeria says the keys to keeping employees happy is “treating people with dignity and respect.”
Chicago laundromat customers to get soaked by Emanuel water tax
People who wash their clothes at city laundromats will get soaked by Mayor’s Rahm Emanuel’s plan to slap a 29.5 percent tax on water and sewer bills.
- THE WATCHDOGS: Park district hired clout contractor CPS fired
- Food trucks breaking the rules — a Sun-Times/ABC7 special report
- WATCHDOGS: Blacks bear brunt of marijuana enforcement in Chicago
- 2 Chicago cops should be fired over video beating, court rules
- WATCHDOGS: Violent crime in city up virtually across the board
- Editorial: Big questions remain about new police review board
- Wednesday Letters: Rage and praise for a protesting quarterback
- Opinion: Charter school greed no worse than regular school greed
- Roger Simon: Which potato head do you want for president?
- Editorial: A quarterback discovers a world bigger than football