1. After watching the Seahawks destroy the Broncos in the Super Bowl, how far away do you think the Bears are?
Their offense is fine; they have all the tools. They need help on defense. Everyone saw how good the 49ers’ and the Seahawks’ defenses played. Denver got by with their offense most of the season, but when it came time for the defense to show up, they didn’t. You have to play defense to win in this league.
How quickly the Bears turn it around will depend on how they draft. It’s not like they need to fix a million things; they just need a couple. They have to get the right people in the right places. I think they need help in the secondary more than anywhere else.
2. The last team to repeat as Super Bowl champs was the Patriots in February 2005. Can the Seahawks repeat next season?
I really think they could. They have a defense that is going to carry them a long way. And they have a good offense with a young quarterback. I think they’re going to be around for a long time.
3. Are you in favor of the two-week layoff leading up to the Super Bowl?
I think that’s what the NFL is going to do, and I really don’t see them changing it.
4. Any ideas about what they should do with the Pro Bowl?
I think the game should be played after the Super Bowl, so the players who made the Super Bowl can play in it. But I really don’t know if they’ll do that.
5. Are you excited about the Winter Olympics?
I enjoy the competition and love everything about it. I just hope the athletes are safe over there.