Law clerk allowed to act like judge has been fired
A law clerk running for judge who was allowed to make rulings from the bench has been fired, according to a statement from Chief Judge Timothy Evans.By Stefano Esposito
More Top Stories
SEIU local, in turmoil, to march on Rahm’s office
Service Employees International Union Local 73 is protesting Emanuel’s failure to abide by a contract extension that includes a 1 percent pay raise.
Former City Hall insider gets 10 years in red-light camera scam
A former City Hall insider who rigged Chicago’s red-light camera program to favor crooked business executives from Arizona was sentenced to 10 years.
Cook County to issue 10,000th same-sex marriage license
Cook County Clerk David Orr expects to hit the marriage license milestone sometime this week.
Emanuel orders crackdown on food truck violators
There’s nothing wrong with Chicago’s 4-year-old food truck ordinance that can’t be remedied by strict enforcement, Mayor Rahm Emanuel said Monday.
- THE WATCHDOGS: Park district hired clout contractor CPS fired
- Food trucks breaking the rules — a Sun-Times/ABC7 special report
- WATCHDOGS: Blacks bear brunt of marijuana enforcement in Chicago
- 2 Chicago cops should be fired over video beating, court rules
- WATCHDOGS: Violent crime in city up virtually across the board
- Jazz legend Candido Camero among Chicago Jazz Festival highlights
- 'The Light Between Oceans': Soap gets in your teary eyes
- Ryan Lochte among the new cast of 'Dancing with the Stars'
- Rhymefest pens song about mugging, police report incident
- First glimpse of Joffrey Ballet's new 'Nutcracker' via YouTube
- Obama guidance, press schedule Aug. 30, 2016. HHS Sec. Burwell
- Brown: Rhymefest eager to discuss 'whole other problem' with Rahm
- Mitchell: Quick arrest in Nykea Aldridge murder took cooperation
- Steinberg: Zoo's eldest resident, Cookie the cockatoo, dead at 83
- John Krasinski felt acting in 'The Hollars' made directing easier
- Wednesday Letters: Rage and praise for a protesting quarterback
- Opinion: Charter school greed no worse than regular school greed
- Roger Simon: Which potato head do you want for president?
- Editorial: A quarterback discovers a world bigger than football
- Editorial: Better gun law might have saved Nykea Aldridge's life