JOB OPENING: Business Development Manager, Media Sales
Business Development Manager, Media Sales is an exciting and challenging position. You will work with a high performing sales team responsible for selling comprehensive programs to regional clients utilizing the Chicago Sun-Times portfolio.
At the Chicago Sun-Times, you will be rewarded with a full benefit package, an uncapped commission program, a lucrative over achievement incentive and sales contests that reward performance. You’ll receive intensive training and be backed by a dedicated service team to help you manage and grow your account base, allowing you to focus on selling!
- Generate revenue by developing sales strategy and advertising packages for SMB’s
- Build new and strengthen current client/agency relationships with advertisers
- Ensure client campaign delivery and complete follow-through activities
- Develop expertise in online trends and marketplace
- Using a consultative approach to cross-sell a portfolio including: Mobile, Video, SEM, SEO, Social Media, Website design, Audience extension…the list goes on!
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Four year college degree desired
- Minimum four years experience in sales, two years in digital sales preferred
- Local media sales experience a plus
- Must show successful sales record
- Proven prospecting and cold calling experience
- Must be a highly motivated and independent worker
- Excellent written, verbal and organizational skills
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint essential
Job Title: Business Development Manager, Media Sales
Department: Media Sales
Reports to: VP Business Development
FLSA Status: Exempt
Send a confidential cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org