A 68-year-old man who died early Friday in a University Village neighborhood fire on the Near West Side has been identified.

The blaze broke out at 12:41 a.m. in the kitchen of a three-story row house in the 1100 block of South Laflin, according to the Chicago Fire Department.

Lloyd Charles Raggs was found in a third-floor closet suffering from smoke inhalation, according to the fire department and the Cook County medical examiner’s office.

Raggs, who lived on the same block, was taken to the University of Illinois Hospital, where he died at 2:08 a.m., authorities said.

An autopsy Friday found he died from carbon monoxide poisoning and smoke inhalation, and his death was ruled an accident.

The blaze appears to have been accidental, according to Chicago Police. No other injuries were reported.