NBC’s upcoming “Chicago Fire” spin-off, “Chicago PD,” is holding an open casting call for extras this Sunday.
The casting call will take place at The Service Building (2nd floor), 2600 W. 16th. (Park in the free lot off 16th Street across from the Cinespace Office Building.) Hopefuls can show up anytime between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. Extras must be at least 18 years old.
Here’s what Bill Marinella Casting says it’s looking for — verbatim — for the Dick Wolf-produced drama slated to debut on NBC sometime early next year:
* Experienced stand-ins: with a resume and headshot – positions that could work the entire run of show.
* Model types: tall, leggy and fashionable.
* Gangster types: large and imposing, if you have tattoos please cover them with your wardrobe.
* Real medical staff: EMTs, nurses, doctors as well as real cops and military personnel.
* Twins, red-heads and little people.
* General extras of all looks.
The casting company will be taking your photo. It asks that participants follow these guidelines — again, verbatim:
* Wardrobe: Please arrive dressed in your best fashionable upscale event outfit. Of if have a specific uniformed profession or specific type: nurse, EMT, police or gangster, lady-of-the-night, please dress in your uniform/or to your character type. Both men and women, please have your hair and makeup as camera ready as possible.
* Please know your measurements including your hat and neck, waist, inseam, shoe, jacket, dress size, etc.
* Proper identification: You MUST bring two forms of valid, legal ID (for example: driver’s license, birth certificate, U.S. passport). School ID badges are not sufficient.
If you cannot attend, send three recent pictures, contact number, sizes, age and date of birth to chitownpd@gmail.
“We will be booking paid performers for the upcoming episodes on the spot,” the casting call notice says.