They do this in Chicago on Halloween — the tribute bands get a lot of club bookings, and we all have fun grooving to fake musicians. Next week, on Letterman’s late-night talk show, the tribute bands hit the big time …
From Monday through Nov. 21 next week, “The Late Show with David Letterman” (10:35 p.m. weeknights on CBS) will feature Tribute Bands Week. They’re billing it as a means of “celebrating some of the most iconic names in music.”
Here’s a list of the bands scheduled, and the icons they ape:
– Monday: Purple Reign (Prince tribute band)
– Tuesday: The Cold Hard Cash (Johnny Cash tribute band)
– Wednesday: Mr. Brownstone (Guns N’ Roses tribute band) … what the real band couldn’t show up to promote the long-awaited, anticlimactic “Chinese Democracy”?!
– Thursday: Super Diamond (Neil Diamond tribute band)
– Friday: The Allstarz (James Brown tribue band)