A series of garage burglaries were reported in September in the Belmont Heights and Irving Woods neighborhoods on the Northwest Side.
In each of the burglaries, a person kicked in or pried open a side door to the garage, according to a community alert from Chicago Police. Construction tools, bicycles, lawn equipment, air compressors and battery chargers were reported stolen.
The burglaries occurred within the boundaries of Belmont Avenue to Irving Park Road and Harlem Avenue to Cumberland Avenue, police said.
Burglaries were reported:
• about 9:30 a.m. Sept. 4 in the 3700 block of North Olcott Avenue;
• between 11 a.m. and 11 p.m. Sept. 3-5 in the 3400 block of North Ottawa Avenue;
• about 3:30 a.m. Sept. 9 in the 3700 block of North Pittsburgh Avenue;
• about 3:30 a.m. Sept. 9 in the 3700 block of North Plainfield Avenue; and
• between 12:30 p.m. and 1:30 a.m. Sept. 10 in the 8300 West Forest Preserve Drive in northwest suburban Harwood Heights.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Area North detectives at (312) 744-8263.