Police are warning South Side residents after six burglaries were reported this month in the Bridgeport neighborhood.
The burglars break into garages or houses through the side or back door, then steal property, according to the community alert from Area Central detectives.
The burglaries happened:
- about 10 p.m. Sept. 3 in the 3300 block of South Lituanica;
- about 5 p.m. Sept. 9 in the 900 block of West 33rd Place;
- about noon Sept. 11 in the 2900 block of South Farrell;
- about 10:15 p.m. Sept. 12 in the 2900 block of South Archer;
- about 9 a.m. Sept. 13 in the 2900 block of South Quinn; and
- about 11 a.m. Sept. 13 in the 2900 block of South Poplar.
Anyone with information should call detectives at (312) 747-8382.