Oak Lawn man charged with sexual abuse on CTA trains

SHARE Oak Lawn man charged with sexual abuse on CTA trains
SHARE Oak Lawn man charged with sexual abuse on CTA trains

A southwest suburban man has been charged with sexually abusing several females on CTA trains between January 2012 and May 2014.

Michael Robinson, 31, faces four counts of aggravated criminal sexual abuse, two counts of aggravated battery in a public place, two counts of aggravated battery to a transit employee, two counts of unlawful restrain and one count of attempted robbery, all felonies, according to a statement from Chicago Police.

Robinson, of the 4300 block of West 95th Place in Oak Lawn, would expose himself and perform “an inappropriate sexual act” in front of females on CTA trains between January 2012 and May 2014, police said.

Detectives identified Robinson through his DNA and photo line-ups, police said.

On Oct. 14, CTA security apprehended him after he was identified from flyers, police said. He was taken into custody in the 500 block of South Pulaski.

Robinson is scheduled to appear in bond court Thursday.

The Latest
We cannot continue to succeed if one of our most important transportation corridors continues to fail.
Just last week, a group of historians warned President Joe Biden that today’s threats to democracy are similar to the pre-Civil War era and the homegrown sympathy for fascism before World War II.
They were standing on the sidewalk about 9 p.m. in the 3300 block of West Harrison Street when someone inside a black car fired shots.
Much of the Illinois Department of Transportation’s funding for this program is coming from the state’s $45 billion Rebuild Illinois Capital Plan but almost $16 billion more is expected to come in from the federal government.