At least four people were injured in a cooking accident at Macy’s on State Street on Friday morning, authorities said.
The Chicago Fire Department has dispatched ambulances to the store at 111 N. State for injuries from a “cooking incident,” Fire Media Affairs said at 10 a.m.
Police said they were notified about an “accidental injury” at the store about 9:40 a.m.
Four people were taken to hospitals after an aerosol can got hot and ruptured, according to Fire Media Affairs.
The fire department initially reported that the accident involved propane, but later said there was no explosion and no propane was involved.