Marlon Boyce / photo from Chicago Police
Bond was denied on Friday for the second man charged with murder for a fatal shooting in 2011 in the South Side Englewood neighborhood.
Marlon Boyce, 27, is charged with first-degree murder for the fatal shooting of 18-year-old Devonta Childress at 6:20 p.m. on July 6, 2011, Chicago Police said.
Last month, Antoine Reynolds, 28, of the 5600 block of South Shields, was also charged with first-degree murder in connection with the shooting.
Prosecutors said Reynolds, a passenger in a gold Cadillac, fired an assault rifle toward a crowd in the 6100 block of South Normal. The driver fired a handgun, prosecutors said.
Antoine Reynolds / photo from Chicago Police
Childress was shot multiple times and taken to Stroger Hospital, where he later died, authorities said.
A 15-year-old was also shot three times in the left leg, prosecutors said.
Multiple eyewitnesses identified Reynolds as the man who fired the assault rifle, according to court records.
A judge on Friday ordered Boyce, of the 5900 block of South Emerald, held without bond, according to the Cook Count Sheriff’s office. He is next due in court Nov. 26.
Reynolds was ordered held without bond last month, authorities said. His next court date is scheduled for Dec. 10.