Meatheads is a chain of fast-casual burger restaurants throughout the Chicagoland area. Each month, it recognizes a student-athlete in the area surrounding each location for his or her accomplishments on and off the field.
1. How do you exemplify Meatheads’ values of determination, hustle and hard work?
I always try and do my best no matter what it is I’m doing. If you are doing anything in life you should do it to the best of your ability.
2. What were your greatest athletic and academic achievements over the last month?
Receiving all A’s and B’s in all my classes this past month.
3. Is there a teammate, coach, faculty or family member you’d credit most with your athletic and academic successes?
My parents are definitely the people that push me to do my best in school and in basketball.
4. Where are you going to college, or where do you want to go? Do you plan on playing a sport there?
I’m not sure where I want to go to college yet, but I want to stay in the Midwest and go into engineering.
5. Who is your favorite athlete playing today, collegiate or professional?
Derrick Rose is my favorite player, but since he’s not playing I’ll have to go with Kevin Durant.
6. What’s on your iPod right now?
A lot of rap and hip-hop, mostly.
7. What’s the best movie or television show you’ve seen recently?
8. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
I see myself with a good job and happy with my life.
9. What is your favorite motivational quote?
“Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve.” – Napoleon Hill