Meatheads is a chain of fast-casual burger restaurants throughout the Chicagoland area. Each month, it recognizes a student-athlete in the area surrounding each location for his or her accomplishments on and off the field.
1. How do you exemplify Meatheads’ values of determination, hustle and hard work?
I exemplify Meatheads’ values by always working hard, by never letting anyone out hustle me and I am always determined to do my best
2. What were your greatest athletic and academic achievements over the last month?
Getting Meathead of the Month and never having anything lower than a C.
3. Is there a teammate, coach, faculty or family member you’d credit most with your athletic and academic successes?
Coach [Nate] Albaugh because he always pushes us to be uncomfortable on the field, never be out hustled by anyone and go your hardest every play.
Also he pushes us to pass all of our classes, all the time. There is never a day that he doesn’t talk about how important your grades are.
4. Where are you going to college, or where do you want to go?
I want to go to Ball State University in Indiana.
5. Do you plan on playing a sport in college?
Yes, I want to continue playing football.
6. Who is your favorite athlete playing today, collegiate or professional?
7. What’s on your iPod right now?
Lots of music, games, ESPN, “Sportscenter,” Instagram, etc
8. What’s the best movie or television show you’ve seen recently?
It’s a toss up between “The Heat” and “We’re the Millers.”
9. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
I would like to have graduated college, have a great job and possibly be married.
10. What is your favorite motivational quote?
“Winning is not everything, but making the effort to win is.” — Vince Lombardi
Voting for October’s Meatheads of the Month begins Oct. 14 at highschoolcubenews.com/meatheads.