Meatheads is a chain of fast-casual burger restaurants throughout the Chicagoland area. Each month, it recognizes a student-athlete in the area surrounding each location for his or her accomplishments on and off the field.
1. How do you exemplify Meatheads’ values of determination, hustle and hard work?
I exemplify the values of determination, hustle, and hard work by taking advantage of all my time in the gym. I always push myself and my teammates to work to get better every day. I am self-motivated and know that I can always work to improve.
2. What were your greatest athletic and academic achievements over the last month?
On the volleyball court, I’ve achieved some very special things in this past month, which have included Downers North’s highest finish in the Asics Challenge, beating Benet (which hasn’t happened in over six years) and winning a regional championship. Academically, I am currently doing well in all my classes and was also on the high honor roll for first quarter. I am really enjoying my Anatomy & Physiology class so far this year.
3. Is there a teammate, coach, faculty or family member you’d credit most with your athletic and academic successes?
There are so many people that have aided me in my athletic and academic success. All my coaches, teammates, family and friends have supported me in all my goals and keep pushing me to achieve them.
4. Where are you going to college, or where do you want to go? Do you plan on playing a sport there?
I will be attending the University of Michigan next fall and continuing my volleyball career there.
5. Who is your favorite athlete playing today, collegiate or professional?
I admire Kerri Walsh, who is not only a phenomenal athlete, but an even better person. She is very motivated and dedicated, which has shown in her success on the court.
6. What’s on your iPod right now?
There’s a variety of music on my iPod, but I mainly listen to country music. Some of my favorite artists are Carrie Underwood, Lady Antebellum and Rascal Flatts.
7. What’s the best movie or television show you’ve seen recently?
I recently finished watching the TV show “Friday Night Lights” and I absolutely loved it and wish there were more seasons! I also really enjoy the movies “Remember the Titans” and “Pitch Perfect.”
8. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
After having already graduated from the University of Michigan, I see myself working in a children’s hospital or in a lab doing research on diseases.
9. What is your favorite motivational quote?
“There may be people that have more talent than you, but there’s no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do.” -Derek Jeter