Opening night of the high school football season turned into a total washout as a severe thunderstorm ripped through the northwest suburbs in the hours leading up to kickoff.
All eight games involving teams in the Courier-News coverage area scheduled for Friday night were postponed to Saturday as players, coaches and fans were forced to wait one more day to start the season.
Here is a list of the new game times for Saturday:
• Elgin at Dundee-Crown, 1 p.m.
• Hampshire at Burlington Central, 7 p.m.
• Genoa-Kingston at St. Edward, 7 p.m.
• Larkin at McHenry, 6:15 p.m.
• Bartlett at Huntley, 2 p.m.
• St. Charles North at Elk Grove, 1 p.m.
• Barrington at Jacobs, 1 p.m.
• Hoffman Estates at Streamwood, 4 p.m.
In addition to the eight rescheduled games, there are two regularly scheduled games on the slate for Saturday:
• Westminster Christian at Luther North, 1 p.m.
• St. Charles East at South Elgin, 1:30 p.m.