Authorities are investigating a string of March burglaries that occurred in the Archer Heights neighborhood on the Southwest Side.
Eight burglaries have been reported since March 6, according to a community alert from Chicago Lawn District police. The burglaries happened:
- about 1:10 p.m. March 6 in the 5300 block of South Kilbourn,
- about 8:25 p.m. Saturday in the 5200 block of South Kenneth,
- about 8:40 p.m. Saturday in the 5200 block of South Kolin,
- about 8:15 p.m. Saturday in the 5100 block of South Kostner,
- about 8:30 p.m. Saturday in the 5200 block of South Kenneth,
- about 1 p.m. Tuesday in the 5000 block of South Keeler,
- about 1 p.m. Tuesday in the 5200 block of South Tripp, and
- about 4 p.m. Tuesday in the 5200 block of South Tripp.
Police are urging residents to keep their properties well-lit, and to keep doors and windows locked, the alert said.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Area Central detectives at (312) 747-8382.