Secret Service: Video of recent incident recorded over

SHARE Secret Service: Video of recent incident recorded over
SHARE Secret Service: Video of recent incident recorded over

WASHINGTON — Secret Service Director Joseph Clancy says some video footage of a March 4 incident at the White House involving two senior agents has been recorded over.

Clancy says the agency is working with the security system’s manufacturer and Homeland Security Department officials to try to recover the lost footage.

The missing video likely includes images of a pair of senior agents accused of pushing a construction barrel with their vehicle as they drove through a secure area while other, on-duty agents and officers investigated a suspicious item. The DHS inspector general is investigating the incident, including allegations that the agents had been drinking before driving into the White House complex.

Clancy says it is standard practice to record over security videos after 72 hours.

ALICIA A. CALDWELL, Associated Press

The Latest
A local man opened fire at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, about 85 miles west of San Antonio.
It was a bleak picture painted by the half of the GOP primary field — venture capitalist Jesse Sullivan, businessman Gary Rabine and state Sen. Darren Dailey — who squared off during a live debate hosted by WGN-TV.
Candace Parker led the way with 16 points, six rebounds, seven assists, three blocks and three steals.
During a rapid-fire “yes or no,” segment, Max Solomon and Paul Schimpf agreed that the events at the U.S. Capitol on January 6, 2021 were not an “insurrection.” But Richard Irvin touted his credentials as a lawyer and said, “I don’t think it’s a ‘yes or no’ question.”