A worker remodeling a home in west suburban Wheaton was hospitalized after a fire Tuesday night.
Crews responded to the blaze in the kitchen of a single-family home in the 700 block of South Gables about 8:30 p.m., according to a statement from the Wheaton Fire Department.
The house was undergoing renovations and only one person, a construction worker, was inside at the time, according to the statement. The worker was taken to a hospital for treatment of a minor injury.
The blaze was brought under control within minutes.
The fire appears to have been related to the use of solvents to strip kitchen cabinets, and was ruled accidental, according to the fire department.
Damage was confined to the home’s kitchen, but no estimate was available.