Worker taken to hospital after Wheaton kitchen fire

SHARE Worker taken to hospital after Wheaton kitchen fire
SHARE Worker taken to hospital after Wheaton kitchen fire

A worker remodeling a home in west suburban Wheaton was hospitalized after a fire Tuesday night.

Crews responded to the blaze in the kitchen of a single-family home in the 700 block of South Gables about 8:30 p.m., according to a statement from the Wheaton Fire Department.

The house was undergoing renovations and only one person, a construction worker, was inside at the time, according to the statement. The worker was taken to a hospital for treatment of a minor injury.

The blaze was brought under control within minutes.

The fire appears to have been related to the use of solvents to strip kitchen cabinets, and was ruled accidental, according to the fire department.

Damage was confined to the home’s kitchen, but no estimate was available.

The Latest
It was a bleak picture painted by the half of the GOP primary field — venture capitalist Jesse Sullivan, businessman Gary Rabine and state Sen. Darren Dailey — who squared off during a live debate hosted by WGN-TV.
Candace Parker led the way with 16 points, six rebounds, seven assists, three blocks and three steals.
During a rapid-fire “yes or no,” segment, Max Solomon and Paul Schimpf agreed that the events at the U.S. Capitol on January 6, 2021 were not an “insurrection.” But Richard Irvin touted his credentials as a lawyer and said, “I don’t think it’s a ‘yes or no’ question.”
The Cubs’ power-hitting duo of Patrick Wisdom and Frank Schwindel has combined for eight home runs in the last five games.
If only so many weren’t too lazy and incurious — and triggered by discussions of race — to click on an easy-to-find three-year-old story so that they might gain an actual understanding of the context.