Spike’s list . . .
Film director Spike Lee’s Chicago spring schedule is full.
• To wit: Not only is Lee getting ready to film his new movie, “Chiraq,” in Chicago’s Englewood neighborhood this summer — but his May calendar has a casting call penciled in this weekend.
• To wit: A casting company working with Lee will be hiring film extras Saturday at St. Sabina Academy’s Bethune Hall, 7801 S. Throop St., and they’re looking for Chicagoans between the ages of 7 and 75 who are available from May through July. (A 4×6 photo and valid driver’s license are required.)
The next day — Mother’s Day — Lee’s cameras may also kick into action when the Rev. Michael Pfleger, the activist peace priest who is St. Sabina’s pastor — conducts his annual service for mothers of victims of gun violence at the church’s Memorial Wall.
“Everyone from grandmothers to gang members are invited to come,” said Pfleger, who has just been told that St. Sabina will be a part of Chicago Police Supt. Garry McCarthy’s “listening tour” of all 22 police districts throughout the city in hopes of improving relations between city residents and the police.
Cutler at the Cut . . .
Listen up! The mystery eatery where Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler made reservations for the team’s No. 1 draft pick, Kevin White, was Chicago Cut Steakhouse.
• The cut: Cutler made the dinner reservations for Friday, but unfortunately, White ended up canceling.
• A fish story: Cutler, however, stopped by C Chicago, the new restaurant from the owners of Chicago Cut, on Saturday with teammates Jermon Bushrod, Matt Slauson and Eddie Royal.
The royal baby . . .
Blimey! The latest in the line to the throne of England may be called Charlotte Elizabeth Diana — the Princess of Cambridge — but don’t be shocked if she is nicknamed “Charlie.”
Sound far-fetched? Well, how about the fact that Charlotte’s perfectly coiffed mother, Kate Middleton, the Duchess of Cambridge, spends $453 plus travel expenses to get her long locks groomed by her hairdresser Amanda Cook Tucker, 51, who arrived at the hospital shortly after the baby’s birth, according to the Daily Mail.
And just in case you were wondering, Kate’s perfectly groomed fingernails cost $75.
Sneed exclusive . . .
The serial stowaway got nabbed.
• Translation: Sneed has learned that serial stowaway Marilyn Hartman, who has been arrested numerous times for attempting to hop airplanes, was arrested a little over a week ago at O’Hare International Airport.
• To wit: Spotted loitering ticketless in a restricted area near a ticket counter at the international terminal on April 24, Hartman was charged with misdemeanor criminal trespass to state land and was released on supervision on April 28.
• Backshot: Hartman, who has become famous for stowing away on planes at various airports across the country, tried to hop on a plane seven times at San Francisco International Airport in 2014, according to the San Jose Mercury News.
Since then, she has been arrested at airports in Los Angeles, Phoenix and Jacksonville, Florida, where she checked into a luxury hotel under another guest’s name, the paper reports.
• Upshot: Hartman, who appears to be homeless, claims she was born in Chicago — but gave no address for her residence, according to Chicago Police.
So it goes.
Ring. Ring . . .
Carly (nee Sneed) Fiorina, who just tossed her hat in the Republican presidential sweepstakes, has not only been stomping around Iowa, South Carolina and New Hampshire pitching her credentials — but she has been doling out her cellphone number to her devotees on the trail.
Sneedlings . . .
Tuesday’s birthdays: Adele, 27; Brian Williams, 56, and Henry Cavill, 32.