Police issued an alert after a dozen cash registers were stolen from businesses in burglaries throughout Chicago.
In each incident, someone breaks the front window of a business and removes the cash register, according to a statement from Chicago Police.
The burglaries occurred:
- About 9 p.m. June 24 in the 1100 block of West Taylor;
- About 2 a.m. June 19 in the 2600 block of West Washington;
- About 1 a.m. June 14 in the 2500 block of West Chicago Avenue;
- About 4:30 a.m. June 14 in the 1700 block of West Grand;
- About 1 a.m. June 13 in the 1900 block of West Chicago Avenue;
- About 4 a.m. June 10 in the 0-100 block of South Ashland;
- About 12:30 a.m. June 9 in the 1600 block of West Ogden;
- About 11:30 p.m. June 8 in the 2500 block of West Augusta;
- About 9:45 p.m. June 7 in the 200 block of North Ashland;
- About 11 p.m. June 6 in the 1900 block of West Chicago Avenue;
- About 4 a.m. June 6 in the 900 block of South Western; and
- About 6 a.m. June 6 in the 1300 block of West Grand.
Anyone with information should contact Area Central detectives at 9312) 747-8382.