No one injured in fire but Wheaton home left unsafe for residents

SHARE No one injured in fire but Wheaton home left unsafe for residents

All residents escaped safely after a closet fire on the second floor of a home in west suburban Wheaton on Friday.

The fire started in a single-family home at 1522 E. Geneva Rd. about 10:30 p.m. Friday, according to a statement from the City of Wheaton.

The Wheaton Fire Department had the fire under control within minutes of arrival, and determined the cause was combustible materials stacked too close to a working light fixture, the statement said.

The building is considered unsafe for occupancy, though no damage estimate was available.


The Latest
The location shots are beautiful and lush, and the strong cast includes familiar veterans along with some greatly talented relative newcomers.
“It was only because the patient received high-quality CPR immediately that she survived,” said a trauma physician at Stroger Hospital.
“If we had a quarterback last year, we could have won state,” Raiders coach John Ivlow said.
Someone wake Matt Nagy: This play is what the Justin Fields offense is supposed to look like.