Ten years and nearly $100 million later, a somewhat-sunny Saturday beckons the city. But before hitting the Trail, get to know the lay of the land.
Interactive 606 map
More on the 606
What people are writing and saying about Chicago’s new park and how it fits into our city:
- The paved-over, unofficial history of the 606 – via the Sun-Times
- The 606 shows how to design a park in the 21st century (and beyond) – via Chicago Magazine
- Is the Bloomingdale Trail a path to displacement? – via Chicago Reader
- Getting around the 606 – via Chicago Magazine
- The Bloomingdale Trail and 606: Questions answers and insider tips – via DNAInfo
- Chicago’s 606 is America’s newest ‘transformative’ trail – via CBS MarketWatch
- Drone flies over nearly complete Bloomingdale Trail – via ABC7
- More on the Trail – via 606.org
In another attack, a 71-year-old woman was shot inside a home in Auburn Gresham.
The four were in the 5200 block of South Green Street when someone opened fire. All were taken to a hospital in good condition.
Daily conversations with older woman were great for stay-at-home mom, but now that she’s back at work, it’s time to cut back.
Now 37, the woman, referred to in court as Jane, told jurors Thursday that she had been sexually abused “hundreds” of times by Kelly but lied to protect the singer.