Carpentersville man sentenced for trying to sexually assault minor

SHARE Carpentersville man sentenced for trying to sexually assault minor
SHARE Carpentersville man sentenced for trying to sexually assault minor

A Carpentersville man was sentenced to three years in prison Thursday for attempting to sexually assault a young child he knew.

A jury convicted Juan C. Cuello-Calderon, 26, of attempted criminal sexual assault and attempted aggravated criminal sexual abuse on June 16, according to the Kane County state’s attorney’s office.

Prosecutors claimed that Cuello-Calderon went to the girl’s bedroom where she was sleeping and forcibly removed her clothing the night of July 21, 2014.

He attempted to touch her genitals, but she was able to kick him away, prosecutors said. The girl’s mother then came into the room to ask what had just happened.

The victim was younger than 18 years old at the time, authorities said.

Cuello-Calderon, of the 100 block of Madera Circle in Carpentersville, will be given credit for 389 days served in the Kane County jail since his arrest, according to the state’s attorney’s office. He must also register for life as a sexual offender.

He is also prohibited from contacting the victim for two years after he completes parole, the state’s attorney’s office said.

The Latest
The high school is reviewing its graduation guidelines after Nimkii Curley was told he couldn’t walk across the stage with sacred Indigenous adornments.
The band’s June and July shows in Las Vegas have been canceled, and the goal is to start performing again in September, the band posted.
Wilson is planning to give away $1 million in food and gas this week.
Arroyo entered a blind plea of guilty in November to a wire fraud count that said he was paid bribes in exchange for promoting legislation in Springfield.
The Ricketts family, owners of the Cubs, abandoned their bid last month.