NATO says suicide car bombing targeting convoy in Afghanistan killed 3 American contractors

SHARE NATO says suicide car bombing targeting convoy in Afghanistan killed 3 American contractors
SHARE NATO says suicide car bombing targeting convoy in Afghanistan killed 3 American contractors

KABUL, Afghanistan — NATO says a suicide car bombing targeting a convoy in Afghanistan killed three American contractors.

Authorities say the blast Saturday in the Afghan capital, Kabul, killed at least 12 people and wounded 66.

NATO did not name the dead contractors in its statement.

The attack struck near the private Shinozada hospital in the capital’s Macrorayan neighborhood just as schools were letting out.

The Taliban denied carrying out the attack. However, they have stepped up their assaults on Afghan security forces since U.S. and NATO troops ended their combat mission in the country last year.

The Latest
Last year, the quarterbacks room wasn’t designed to serve Fields alone.
Without changes, the flood insurance program will collapse, and property owners will be on their own.
The man, 22, jumped a fence to gain entry into the park. As security approached, he pulled out a gun and fired, police said. An off-duty Cook County sheriff’s officer, who was working as a security guard, returned fire.
Payton Gendron, 18, a white suspect in the Buffalo shooting, is called a teenager. Michael Brown Jr., 18, Black victim of a police shooting, is referred to as a man.
After our long period of COVID-19 isolation, we have vicariously enjoyed the idea of a free-running animal weighing 1,300 pounds staking out her own turf.