Police are warning residents of the Far South Side about a string of business burglaries throughout 2015.
In several incidents dating back to January, the burglars broke into the retail establishment by shattering either the windows or doors, according to a community alert from Chicago Police. Once inside, the burglars steal money from the registers or change jars.
The burglaries happened:
- About 3 a.m. Aug. 22 in the 9400 block of South Ewing;
- About 8:35 p.m. Aug. 18 in the 3600 block of East 106th Street;
- About 3:25 a.m. Aug. 15 in the 9400 block of South Ewing;
- About 1:24 a.m. July 4 in the 3600 bock of East 106th Street;
- About 2:47 a.m. Feb. 20 in the 1700 block of East 79th Street;
- About 2:18 a.m. Feb. 12 in the 9400 lock of South Ewing;
- About 3:15 a.m. Jan. 24 in the 3600 block of East 106th Street;
- About 11:53 p.m. Jan. 18 in the 10100 block of South Ewing;
- About 4:40 a.m. Jan. 13 in the 3600 block of East 106th Street; and
- About 3:30 a.m. Jan. 7 in the 3300 block of East 106th Street.
Details about the suspects were not available.
Anyone with information on the burglaries is asked to contact Area South detectives at (312) 747-8273.