Police are warning of five armed robberies this week in the Jefferson Park and Albany Park neighborhoods on the Northwest Side.
During these robberies, one suspect approached victims with a dark- or silver-colored handgun while the other suspects stole cellphones and wallets, according to a community alert from Area North detectives.
The suspects left in a white Toyota Highlander four-door SUV.
The robberies happened:
- 5100 block of West Winnemac Avenue about 10:00 p.m. Sept.14;
- 3200 block of North Lockwood Avenue about 10:30 p.m. Sept. 14;
- 3000 block of West Argyle Street about 4:43 a.m. Sept.15;
- 3000 block of West Wilson Avenue about 5:10 a.m. Sept. 15;
- 3900 block of North Spaulding Avenue about 5:20 a.m. Sept. 15.
The suspects are described as possibly four Hispanic men between 18 and 25 years old. They all stand between 5-foot-7 and 5-foot-9, 130-180 pounds and wearing dark colored hooded sweatshirts, police said.
Anyone with information about the armed robberies is asked to call Area North detectives at (312) 744-8263.