With the advancement in baseball analytics and improved statistical calculations, the win stat for pitchers has been increasingly devalued.
However, winning 20 games in a season is still a huge accomplishment. Jake Arrieta didn’t just win his 20th game on Tuesday, he did it in one of the most impressive ways possible.
Stat breakdown of Arrieta’s 20-win season
- Arrieta is the first Cubs pitcher to reach the 20-win mark first since Rick Sutcliffe in 1984.
- He has become the third Cubs pitcher to record at least nine games with six or more scoreless innings in a season since 1814.
- Cliff Lee in 2008 was the last pitcher to throw a shutout for a 20th win.
- Since mid-June, Arrieta has dropped his ERA by a point and a half.
- Arrieta is tied for the lead in complete games and holds the shutout record in the MLB.
Arrieta is scheduled to have two more regular season starts, including Sunday against the Pirates. He is also scheduled to start the Wild Card game.
Rodgers wants a trade to the Jets, but the two sides have yet to agree on trade compensation.
The tiny pastries are simple, luxurious two-bite pastries.
Take a look at some of the Cubs’ top pitching prospects.
The Bears believe in quarterback Justin Fields, but they also believe he needs to improve on last year’s performance.
Moncada will participate in the team’s optional workout in Houston.