Five men were charged after a report of gunshots in unincorporated southwest suburban Willowbrook on Wednesday night.
About 9:30 p.m., deputies responded to a call of gunshots on Clarendon Hills Road south of 91st Street, according to a statement from the DuPage County sheriff’s office. The suspects had already left the area, but deputies were able to track them after a disturbance in which one of the suspects pointed a gun at two people in unincorporated Westmont about 11:30 p.m. and authorities stopped their vehicle.
The following men were charged in the incident:
• James E. Smith, 20, of Chicago was charged with a felony count of aggravated unlawful use of a handgun, mob action and disorderly conduct;
• Christian K. Taylor, 22, of Downers Grove was charged with a felony count of criminal damage to property and disorderly conduct;
• Lequantis M. Thomas, 21, of Chicago was charged with mob action and disorderly conduct;
• Dontrell D. Lewis, 21, of Chicago was charged with mob action, disorderly conduct and obstructing identification; and
• Leon Chew Jr., 33, of Chicago was charged with mob action and disorderly conduct.
Smith was identified as the man who point the gun at the two people during the second incident, the sheriff’s office said.