rm_copy_2.jpg

Ricardo Mendez | Chicago Police

35-year-old man missing from New City

SHARE 35-year-old man missing from New City
SHARE 35-year-old man missing from New City

Chicago Police are asking for the public’s help in locating a man who went missing last month from the New City neighborhood on the Southwest Side.

Ricardo Mendez, 35, was last seen Oct. 31 in the 4700 block of South Wood, police said. He is also known to frequent the areas of 24th and Kedzie, and 63rd and Harlem.

Mendez is described as a 5-foot-7, 150-pound Hispanic man with olive complexion, brown eyes and brown hair, who goes by Richie, police said. He was last seen wearing a green Army jacket, black pants and white gym shoes with grey stripes.

Anyone with information should call Area Central detectives at (312) 747-8380.

The Latest
The fatal attack occurred in Homan Square.
One of the wounded, a 32-year-old man, was driving down the street when he was struck by gunfire, police said.
The 34-year-old was crossing the street just before 8:30 p.m. in the 2900 block of West Columbus Avenue when she was struck by a black SUV.
“That’s where you build fandom, grow revenue, and that’s where all the players will benefit versus adding a roster spot here and there.”