Several homes and apartments were burglarized in the Jefferson Park and Norwood Park neighborhoods on the Northwest Side this month.
Someone went into the homes through the front or back door and took jewelry, cash and other items, according to a community alert from Chicago Police. Someone often distracted the people living there so that another person could get into the home or apartment. Similar burglaries have been happening in this area since Sept. 8.
The burglaries happened at:
- 9:00 a.m. on Nov. 6 in the 6000 block of West Higgins Road;
- between 7:30 a.m. and 6:45 p.m. on Nov. 8 in the 5800 block of West Foster Avenue;
- between 5:00 p.m. and 5:20 p.m. on Nov. 9 in the 5800 block of North Elston Avenue;
- between 12:00 p.m. and 12:30 p.m. on Nov. 14 in the 5800 block of North Mobile Avenue; and
- 10:00 p.m. on Nov. 21 in the 5800 block of West Ainslie Street.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Area North detectives at (312) 744-8263.
In the Cubs’ 2-1 win Friday, Taillon held the Padres to one run and three hits in 5 2⁄3 innings.
48 shot and 12 slain over the Memorial Day weekend, the worst once since 2015
Clevinger yielded three hits and struck out six in five scoreless innings in the Sox’ 3-0 victory Friday against the Tigers.
The girl was in the 400 block of North Parkside Avenue when she was shot in the buttocks, police said.