campaign_2016_debate_64334535.jpg

Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton at the Sept. 26 debate at Hofstra University in Hempstead, N.Y. | AP

Clinton keeps narrow lead over Donald Trump: New poll

SHARE Clinton keeps narrow lead over Donald Trump: New poll
SHARE Clinton keeps narrow lead over Donald Trump: New poll

WASHINGTON – Hillary Clinton retains a narrow lead over Donald Trump in a new national New York Times/CBS News poll released Thursday.

The poll of likely voters was conducted after news broke last Friday about the FBI reviving its inquiry into Clinton emails. The survey found that negative revelations about Clinton and Trump – who faced allegations of sexual misconduct and the fallout from the “Access Hollywood” tape – did not have a significant impact among voters.

Highlights from the survey:

*Clinton has the backing of45 percent of likely voters; Trump is at 42 percent, the spread within the poll’s margin of error. Gary Johnson came in at 5 percent with Jill Stein at 4 percent.

*Another finding: “One in five likely voters who participated in the Times/CBS poll said they had already voted.”

*There is a big gender gap. Clinton has a 14-point lead among women while Trump is ahed with men by 11 points.

* White women, who have supported Republican candidates in the last three presidential elections, are evenly split in the poll.

*From the NYT story: “Six in 10 voters over all said that the 11th-hour disclosures about each candidate would make no real difference in their vote, but they were more likely to be negatively affected by the revelations about Mr. Trump than by those about Mrs. Clinton.”

METHODOLOGY:“The nationwide telephone poll was conducted with 1,333 registered voters from Oct. 28 to Nov. 1 on cellphones and landlines. The margin of sampling error is plus or minus 3 percentage points for all voters.”

The Latest
The high school is reviewing its graduation guidelines after Nimkii Curley was told he couldn’t walk across the stage with sacred Indigenous adornments.
The band’s June and July shows in Las Vegas have been canceled, and the goal is to start performing again in September, the band posted.
Wilson is planning to give away $1 million in food and gas this week.
Arroyo entered a blind plea of guilty in November to a wire fraud count that said he was paid bribes in exchange for promoting legislation in Springfield.
The Ricketts family, owners of the Cubs, abandoned their bid last month.