Eight robberies have been reported in the last few weeks in the South Side Auburn Gresham neighborhood.
The suspects pull out firearms to steal property, or use force to take property without a weapon, according to a community alert from Area South detectives.
The robberies happened at:
- 3:55 p.m. Oct. 23 in the 8100 block of South Ashland;
- 12:20 a.m. Oct. 29 in the 8600 block of South Bishop;
- 6:40 a.m. Oct. 30 in the 8100 block of South Ashland;
- 8:25 p.m. Nov. 2 in the 8600 block of South Hermitage;
- 9:30 p.m. Nov. 4 in the 8100 block of South Paulina;
- 1:20 p.m. Nov. 5 in the 8400 block of South Seeley;
- 1:14 a.m. Nov. 6 in the 1600 block of West 82nd Street; and
- 1:45 a.m. Nov. 6 in the 8200 block of South Justine.
The suspects were described as between two and five black men between 18 and 30, 5-foot-7 to 6-foot, and 130-170 pounds, according to police. A 5-foot-6, 150-pound Hispanic man may also be involved. After one robbery, a suspect was seen getting into a green Saturn.
Anyone with information should call detectives at (312) 747-8273.