Aurora police investigate connection in shootings, crash

police_lights91_300x18823.jpg

Sun-Times file photo

Police are looking for information about two shootings and a single-car crash that happened Friday in west suburban Aurora.

Aurora police responded to a home in the 600 block of Spring Street about 3:30 a.m. after a man suffering a gunshot wound broke in and asked a resident to call an ambulance, according to a statement from Aurora police.

Officers discovered that a 19-year-old man, of the 700 block of East Galena Boulevard, had been shot in his home, police said, adding that additional details about the shooting are not yet clear.

Soon after police received a call of a car that had crashed into a multi-unit apartment building and subsequent shots being fired in the 500 block of East New York Street, police said.

They found a 16-year-old boy, who was driving the vehicle, had suffered injuries related to the crash, police said. He was the brother of the 19-year-old boy who was shot earlier.

The boy’s car and a building next to the one he crashed into were both struck by gunfire, police said. There was minimal damage to the apartment building, and nobody inside of it was injured.

The two brothers were taken to local hospitals, where they are being treated for non-life threatening injuries, police said.

Details about the two shootings and car crash, including possible motives and how the incidents are connected, are still being investigated.

Anyone with information is asked to call Aurora Police investigations at (630) 256-5500 or Aurora Crime Stoppers at (630) 892-1000.

The Latest
The Spirit of Progress, depicting the goddess Diana, has stood on the tower of the Montgomery Ward and Co. administration building along the east bank of the Chicago River for nearly a century. A Lake Forest firm will repair and restore the statue, and it will return in the spring.
It was a virtual inevitability for a 4-9 team, but it’s now official: The Bears will miss the playoffs for the fourth consecutive season.
Jones reported symptoms Sunday and will miss Monday’s game.
Mayor Brandon Johnson on Sunday was briefing members of the Chicago City Council on his latest ideas to get his 2025 budget approved by year’s end.