Man dies week after being shot in Lake View

SHARE Man dies week after being shot in Lake View

Sun-Times file photo

A 55-year-old man died Wednesday evening, nearly a week after he was shot in the chest by an acquaintance in the Lake View neighborhood on the North Side.

At 10:55 a.m. Feb. 4, Lazane Clark got into an argument with a 67-year-old man he knew in the 800 block of West Oakdale, authorities said. The older man pulled out a gun and shot Clark in the chest.

Clark, who lived in the 2900 block of North Halsted, was taken to Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead at 6:40 p.m. Wednesday, according to the Cook County medical examiner’s office. An autopsy Thursday ruled his death a homicide.

The shooter called 911, remained at the scene and was questioned by police, according to a statement from Ald. Tom Tunney. He does have a valid concealed carry license.

“This is not a random incident,” Tunney said at the time.

Chicago Police said the shooter was later released without charges.

The Latest
Kevin McCarthy’s father-in-law said Tuesday that McCarthy, killed along with his wife Irina, “had Aiden under his body when he was shot.” The boy told the grandfather when he picked him up from the police: “Mommy and Daddy are coming soon.”
The teen was walking down the street in the 2300 block of West 21st Street about 5:15 p.m. when he was shot in the chest, Chicago police said.
“Brookfield Police Department is working with Brookfield Zoo Police to actively investigate the situation throughout the park and surrounding area,” according to Brookfield Zoo’s official Twitter account.
A nation is acting irrationally when it allows, as police allege, a 21-year-man to walk into a store and legally buy a high-powered rifle that he will use to massacre parade goers.
“The shooter is still at large, so let’s pray for justice to prevail, and then let’s move on and let’s celebrate — celebrate the independence of this nation,” state Sen. Darren Bailey, R-Xenia, said on Monday 90 minutes after the shooting that left seven dead and at least 30 wounded.