NBC 5’s Stefan Holt moving on to news gig in New York

SHARE NBC 5’s Stefan Holt moving on to news gig in New York

NEW YORK — It’s about to be a family affair at 30 Rock for NBC News anchor Lester Holt and his son, Stefan Holt, who soon will be anchoring a weekday newscast on the network’s New York station, it was announced Tuesday.

Holt, 29, will start at WNBC in April, co-anchoring a newly launched afternoon newscast aired from 30 Rockefeller Plaza, the storied NBC headquarters from where “NBC Nightly News with Lester Holt” originates.

Stefan Holt comes from NBC-owned Chicago outlet WMAQ-Channel 5, where he has been a reporter and anchor for five years. Before that, he spent three years at the ABC affiliate in West Palm Beach, Florida.

Lester Holt joined NBC News in 2000 after 14 years in Chicago anchoring for CBS-owned WBBM. He took over “Nightly News” anchor duties from Brian Williams last year.

Associated Press

The Latest
Federal standards are needed to regulate driver-assisted technology, says Steven Cliff, the new head of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
The FDA will have to decide the exact recipe. But expect a combination shot that adds protection against omicron or some of its newer relatives to the original vaccine.
A man was walking to his car in the 300 block of North Avers Street when a gunman approached and demanded his belongings, according to police.
The incident occurred around 11 p.m. in the 1200 block of South Kildare Street, police said.
While his wife is living in a shelter with their children, he keeps calling to propose a reconciliation and threaten to stop paying support.