A woman who died after setting herself on fire Friday afternoon at a gas station in Buffalo Grove has been identified.
Emergency crews were called about 4:15 p.m. to a fire at the Circle K station at 50 W. Lake Cook Rd., according to Buffalo Grove police and fire officials.
Tiffani Melgar, 37, was taken to Northwest Community Hospital in Arlington Heights, where she died at 11:37 p.m., according to the Cook County medical examiner’s office. Melgar lived in the 100 block of Glendale Road in Buffalo Grove.
Witnesses told police she doused her body and clothing with gasoline before setting herself on fire. She suffered severe burns.
An autopsy has not yet been performed, according to the medical examiner’s office.