Police are warning residents of a recent string of armed robberies in the Southwest Side neighborhoods of Archer Heights, Gage Park and West Elsdon.
In five incidents, four suspects walked up to victims on the street, produced a handgun and demanded property, according to a community alert from Chicago Police.
The robberies happened:
- about 2:30 p.m. Feb. 6 in the 4500 block of South Harding;
- about 3:30 p.m. Feb. 13 in the 4600 block of South Harding;
- about 1:40 p.m. Feb. 14 in the 5500 block of South Fairfield;
- about 12:28 p.m. Feb. 16 in the 5500 block of South Kildare; and
- about 11:45 a.m. Feb. 16 in the 5400 block of South Harding.
The suspects are described as four white or Hispanic males, between 16 and 30 years 0ld, standing between 5-feet-5 and 5-feet-10, weighing between 130 and 200 pounds, police said.
Anyone with information on the robberies is asked to contact Area Central detectives at (312) 747-8382.