Overloaded electrical outlet causes fire, $40K in damages at Aurora house

SHARE Overloaded electrical outlet causes fire, $40K in damages at Aurora house

A fire that broke out because of an overloaded electrical outlet in a west suburban Aurora house late last month causes an estimated $40,000 in damages.

Firefighters responding to the blaze about 8:20 a.m. Jan. 28 at the one-story home in the 1400 block of Crestwood Drive found heavy smoke showing, according to a statement from the Aurora Fire Department.

The fire was found in a rear bedroom and was “quickly” brought under control, fire officials said.

One resident who was home at the time of the blaze was able to get out before firefighters arrived, and was treated at the scene for minor smoke inhalation, fire officials said. Three dogs were rescued from the home and they were all in good condition and did not require medical treatment.

The Aurora Fire Department Investigations Team said the fire was started because of an overloaded electrical outlet. The home was rendered uninhabitable and the residents planned to stay with a relative.

Fire officials estimated the damages to the building at $20,000 and damages to it contents at $20,000.

The Latest
The annual wandering/disappearing at Mazonia State Fish and Wildlife Area delivered the rewards of largemouth bass on frogs and a popper, and a visit by a beaver; plus the Stray Cast.
Likable couple treat themselves to one last epic date before their planned breakup in rom-com based on a YA novel.
She’s feeling a strong connection to a longtime friend but won’t pursue a relationship unless her lonely marriage ends.