Chicago Police are warning Southwest Side residents of several burglaries in the West Elsdon neighborhood this month.
The burglar breaks into a home or garage through a door and steals property, according to the community alert from Area Central detectives.
The burglaries happened:
- about 9 p.m. on March 3 in the 3700 block of West 56th Place;
- about 6 p.m. on March 4 in the 3600 block of West 56th Place;
- about 1:45 p.m. on March 14 in the 5400 block of South Harding;
- about 1 p.m. on March 15 in the 3900 block of West 59th Street;
- and about 10:40 a.m. on March 16 in the 3700 block of West 56th Place.
The suspect is described as a Hispanic male between 5-foot-5 and 5-foot-7, 175 to 185 pounds with black hair.
Anyone with information is asked to call detectives at (312) 747-8382.