Man charged with Cicero hit-and-run that left woman, girl hurt

SHARE Man charged with Cicero hit-and-run that left woman, girl hurt
gonzalez_eduardo_lock_up_front12.jpg

Eduardo Gonzalez | Cicero police

A man has been charged with striking and injuring a woman and a 10-year-old girl in a hit-and-run crash last week in west suburban Cicero.

Eduardo Gonzalez, 39, was charged with two felony counts of leaving the scene of an accident with injuries, according to statement from Cicero spokesman Ray Hanania.

Sonia Castrejon, 44; and her 10-year-old goddaughter Lizette Castrejon were crossing the street about 5:15 p.m. March 13 in the 5500 block of West Cermak Road when they were hit by a silver, 4-door vehicle, Hanania said.

They were taken in critical condition to Mount Sinai Hospital for treatment, but have since been released from the hospital, Hanania said.

The driver sped away after the crash, but someone who heard the story on the news called police with information. Gonzalez was arrested Friday a few blocks from his home in the 3600 block of South 53rd Avenue in Cicero.

“We want to thank both the news media for helping us to get the information about the hit-and-run to the public and to the members of the public who called us with information after the incident,” Cicero Police Chief Jerry Chlada Jr. said in the statement.

“It was an individual who recognized the car and identified it to us that helped us track down the driver who saw what he did but had no compassion and sped away trying to escape identification,” Chlada said.

Gonzalez posted a $20,000 D-Bond and was released, Hanania said.

The Latest
Amir Worship was accidentally shot in a pre-dawn raid of his home in 2019 when police were looking for the his mother’s boyfriend.
NFL
A spokesperson for the Washington Commanders said Beathard’s family told the team he died Monday at his home in Franklin, Tennessee.
That police misconduct is common should cause us all to think critically about the entire system, and yet we keep paying settlements with hundreds of millions in taxpayer money instead of fixing the cause.
A trade within the OHL immediately followed Del Mastro’s World Juniors championship with Canada. But the Hawks believe the 20-year-old defensive defenseman has, at this point, “gotten most everything out of junior hockey that he can.”