Police are warning residents of a recent string of garage and home burglaries in the Kenwood neighborhood on the South Side.
In five incidents, several of which happened on the same block, the suspects broke into a house or garage, then stole property, according to a community alert from Chicago Police.
The burglaries occurred:
- about 8 a.m. June 26 in the 4700 block of South Greenwood;
- about 8:06 a.m. June 28 in the 4700 block of South Woodlawn;
- about 3:15 a.m. July 1 in the 4800 block of South Ellis;
- about 3:50 p.m. July 7 in the 4800 block of South Ellis; and
- about 2 a.m. July 9 in the 4700 block of South Woodlawn.
Anyone with information should call Area Central detectives at (312) 747-8382.