Police are warning about a recent string of robberies in the Auburn Gresham neighborhood on the South Side.
In each robbery, between one and six people displayed guns and demanded property or used force to take property without a weapon, according to a community alert from Chicago Police.
The robberies happened:
- at 4:29 a.m. July 9 in the 1500 block of West 79th Street;
- about 2:45 a.m. July 5 in the 1000 block of West 80th Street;
- about 3:25 a.m. June 19 in the 7900 block of South Racine;
- about 1:30 a.m. June 16 in the 7900 block of South Justine;
- about 3:15 p.m. and 3:20 p.m. June 12 in the 7800 block of South Racine; and
- about 3:30 p.m. June 9 in the 7700 block of South Loomis.
The suspects are described as black males, 16-25, between 5-foot-5 and 6-foot and 120-180 pounds, police said. They may have been traveling in a four-door Buick or a dark blue or gray older-model minivan.
Anyone with information should call Area South detectives at (312) 747-8273.