Police are warning residents about a recent string of robberies in the Chatham neighborhood on the South Side.
In each robbery, the suspects displayed firearms and demanded property, or forced property away from people without a weapon, according to a community alert from Chicago Police.
The robberies happened:
- about noon July 19 in the 7800 block of South Champlain;
- about midnight July 19 in the 400 block of East 79th Street;
- about 10:30 p.m. July 8 in the 7900 block of South Cottage Grove;
- about 10 p.m. July 2 in the 7900 block of South Cottage Grove; and
- at 7:43 a.m. June 23 in the 7900 block of South Vernon.
Police said there were one or two robbers described as black men, 19-31, 140-230 pounds, and standing between 5-foot-5 and 6-foot. They may have been driving a blue 4-door vehicle or a blue minivan.
Anyone with information should call Area South detectives at (312)747-8273.