clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

Don’t forget your TSA PreCheck enrollment documents

A traveler in a TSA PreCheck line at O'Hare Airport in Chicago. | Tim Boyle/For the Sun-Times

Travelers hoping to speed through airport security lines by enrolling in TSA PreCheck need to bring the correct documents to an enrollment center.

Many different original or certified copies of identification or proof of citizen status may be used, but they must reflect the same name listed on your application.

You may provide one document from so-called “List A,” which includes an unexpired passport; an unexpired U.S. Enhanced Driver’s License; and a Permanent Resident Card (I-551) — often referred to as a “Green Card.”

Or you can provide two documents from “List B,” at least one of them with a valid photo ID. For example, you can bring an an unexpired driver’s license paired up with either a U.S. birth certificate or with a passport that expired within the last 12 months.

The options are many, so double check them at the TSA PreCheck Application Program Factsheet on the website.

Applications can be started online, but enrollment center visits are required to obtain fingerprints for a background check.


After nearly three years, O’Hare still lacks TSA PreCheck center