Police are warning residents of the Chicago Lawn neighborhood of a recent string of burglaries throughout the last two weeks on the Southwest Side.
In six recent incidents, burglars break in through the garage door and steal property, according to a community alert from Chicago Police.
The burglaries happened:
- about 5 a.m. July 26 in the 3500 block of West 62nd Street;
- about 6:30 a.m. July 27 in the 3500 block of West 61st Place;
- about 8 a.m. July 27 in the 3500 block of West 61st Street;
- about 4:15 a.m. July 28 in the 2400 block of West 62nd Street;
- about 3 p.m. Aug. 2 in the 3600 block of West 61st Place; and
- about 6 p.m. Aug. 4 in the 3700 block of West 62nd Street.
Anyone with information about the burglaries is asked to contact Area Central detectives at (312) 747-8382.