The police have issued a community alert to South Side residents after several violent robberies in Roseland and Chatham.
Between one and three robbers were involved in each, in some cases armed, according to the police, who said the robberies happened:
- July 26 in the 8800 block of South King Drive.
- Aug. 2 in the 300 block of East 93rd Street.
- Aug. 3 in the 800 block of East 95th Street.
- Aug. 4 in the 9200 block of South Cottage Grove.
- Aug. 4 in the 700 block of East 95th Street.
- Aug. 7 in the 800 block of East 95th Street.
- Aug. 8 in the 8900 block of South King Drive.