clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

2 found dead from carbon monoxide poisoning in Glendale Heights

Sun-Times stock photo

Authorities are investigating after two people were found dead from apparent carbon monoxide poisoning Wednesday evening in northwest suburban Glendale Heights.

Officers and paramedics found James and Kathryn McMahon dead at 7:15 p.m. in their home in the 0-100 block of Blue Ridge Drive, according to Glendale Heights police. James, 72, and Kathryn, 70, appeared to have died from carbon monoxide poisoning.

Police and the DuPage County coroner’s office were conducting a death investigation, police said. No suspects are being sought, no foul play is suspected and investigators are “confident that there is no risk to the safety of the community.”