Authorities are investigating after two people were found dead from apparent carbon monoxide poisoning Wednesday evening in northwest suburban Glendale Heights.
Officers and paramedics found James and Kathryn McMahon dead at 7:15 p.m. in their home in the 0-100 block of Blue Ridge Drive, according to Glendale Heights police. James, 72, and Kathryn, 70, appeared to have died from carbon monoxide poisoning.
Police and the DuPage County coroner’s office were conducting a death investigation, police said. No suspects are being sought, no foul play is suspected and investigators are “confident that there is no risk to the safety of the community.”
A quarter of a century after Giannoulias was carjacked, new SOS doles out $21 million in grants to fight current surge
Chicago carjacking reports hit an apex of 1,849 in 2021. The Illinois secretary of state said it’s also personal for him, after being carjacked with high school basketball teammates in 1998. “It leaves a scar you never forget,” he said. “I hate the thought of anyone else going through that.”
‘The Night Agent’: A ring of the phone sets off young FBI agent’s fast-paced but complicated getaway
A scorecard would help sort out all the characters in Netflix’s slick and preposterous thriller series.
Victims of domestic abuse can now use a QR code to access a website that directs them to agencies that can help, orders of protection, shelters and legal aid.
Forward DeMar DeRozan left in the third quarter with a strained right quadriceps and didn’t return. He declined to meet with the media afterward.