Police are warning residents of multiple robberies that have occurred in the past month in the Hyde Park neighborhood on the South Side.
In each incident, the suspects entered apartments and took property, according to a community alert from Chicago Police.
The robberies happened:
- about 4:00 a.m. Sept. 17 in the 5300 block of South Drexel;
- between 11:15 a.m. and 3 p.m. Sept 19 in the 5400 block of South Drexel;
- between 9 a.m. Sept. 21 and 7 a.m. Sept. 22 in the 900 block of East 54th Street;
- between 11:45 a.m. and 2 p.m. Sept. 28 in the 5400 block of South University; and
- between 7:15 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. Sept. 28 in the 5300 block of South Ellis .
Anyone with information is asked to call Area Central detectives at (312) 747-8380.
After the havoc of COVID, a roster teardown and a lockout in his first three years at the helm, the Cubs’ manager is ready for a normal season.
With the support of his wife and daughters, the new Sox manager took a long road to get here, but his perseverance paid off.
6th, 21st Ward candidates discuss future of South Side ahead of runoff: Time to ‘resurrect dreams of residents’
Four community leaders vie for City Council seats left open by the departures of longtime alderpersons Sawyer and Brookins.
Spouse resents the seemingly generous man’s nickel-and-dime approach to household finances.
The screen legend, now retired after a dementia diagnosis, seems disengaged in the convoluted sci-fi actioner.